Hello, I'm Marc and welcome to metrotrekker.
Be it seeing the city sights, exploring parklands and gardens, urban walks or day-hikes in the city outskirts, the metrotrekker website details walking routes and hiking trails accessible by foot and public transport in metropolitan areas.
The metrotrekker website provides you with all the details required for metropolitan exploration:
- a map with geolocation and a selection of map types (street, satellite, topographical)
- navigation formats compatible with common GPS devices, desktop browser/software or mobile apps
- trail length and difficulty
- start and finish options (particularly by public transport)
- attractions or points of interest along the way
- other walks and hikes nearby
- often a story or detailed description of the trail (I have personally walked every single trail on the website)
- a comments section, so feel free to write about your experiences as well
- and more improvements and resources are continually being added
So let's get outside and explore our great metropolitan areas by foot. Click Here to begin exploring with metrotrekker.